Rig - Am I Cool Yet? Rig - Am I Cool Yet?

This is bad.

It feels bad, it sounds bad, it makes me want to do bad things, preferably with bad people, all to look cool.

This is reminiscent of Noisia's breakbeat forays. It's filled with nice touches, varying depth, interesting detail and all riding on that bad, naughty bass.
The voice sample has a bit of irony to it, reminds me of all those people doing stuff for attention, so if it's a poke to them... :D

Great outro too.

Rig responds:

Yeah, I tried to fill the intro with cliches. ;D

Melodic Verbosity edit Melodic Verbosity edit

Insight

Alright, here goes.

The introduction I think could be longer, you firmly establish a soundscape which you then kinda throw away when the beat drops in. Maybe you could have a more simple beat subtly kick in, going down the road of the melody of the intro, and have that move into the bit that comes after 01:10.
Listening on, perhaps you could even have it continue with everything after 01:57.

This has great potential, all the bits are here, they just need to be put together.

philjo responds:

Thanks man, I think i know what you mean with the sudden change after a good start. Hmm a more coherent progression could point it in a good direction. Thanks for the advice!

Jazi Jazi

Hello again

Remember me? I reviewed The Waves of Life a long, long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away.

There's an almost Klute-esque sound to this, must be that clap/snare combo, reminds me of 'Oshima' if you know him. Subtle yet apparent bass, guiding the jazzy stabs.
Simple yet elegant and gives this distinct soundtrack to the end of a satisfying day.

Three months seperate this from Waves, so how have you evolved?
Quite a bit, anxious to see where you'll end up when you get older.
I can't really hear anything wrong with this, it'll fit snugly between my Mistabishi, Logistics, London Elektricity and Klute.

Just keep doing what you're doing, don't let anyone tell you otherwise =)

- [FUSE] - - [FUSE] -

Your music has... side effects.

My cat walked in while this was pumping through my speakers.
It exploded, my cat exploded...

You've really nailed a sound of your own, quite the evolution you've embarked on.
Just continue what you're doing now, you'll blast off into the stratosphere, I'm sure of it.

[oove] See the Sun [oove] See the Sun

Didn't know Chicane frequented these parts

How do you like that comparison?

I have gone through a few of your songs, you're one skilled individual.
There's not much I can say which could help you improve, just stick to what you're doing.

You're amazing.

broove responds:

I like the comparison.
There are many things which need to be improved.
But thank you very much, man ;)

.:Reconcile:. .:Reconcile:.

RAWR...

So... yeah, decided to review this one =)

Is there some Phillip Glass in there I'm hearing? Metamorphosis One comes to mind, from the album 'Glass Cage'. You're quite the skilled person when it comes to piano.
Though I wouldn't quite call this a 'chill-out track'. While it's simple, there's too much 'going on', if you catch my drift. But now I'm getting all nitpicky...

It's brilliant, all around.
And if you're wondering why I didn't give it a 10, well... I never give out 10s!

Darkmaster603 responds:

I've never heard of Philip Glass, but I guess I'll have to check him out! Most of my comps are originally composed for the guitar, so that may be why I have a lot going on. I get what you mean by too much going on, and I actually am in the process of redoing this song.

Thanks for the review!

Glacial Heights_sample Glacial Heights_sample

The constant fades are rather annoying

Even though the track's a top notch production in just about every area (I can't really hear anything wrong), the fade-ins and outs completely ruin the coherency and constantly pull the listener out of the song.
I understand it's a preview, but just the first one and a half minute or something to wet my appetite would've worked a lot better.

5cyp43r responds:

Thank you, next track will sure be a FULL track. Anyway, you got my review. ;)

Rig - Our Secret Rig - Our Secret

Sex

Before I joined NG, I've been tracking you, stalking you... Your bass resonated in my dreams and every time I heard a sound even remotely similar to anything in this song, I'd be reminded of its superb awesomeness.
Late at night, I'd have this playing on my Sennheisers while using my MP3 player to stroke my... cat.

You are one of the top guns here and this song just further cements your place here and tightens your grasp on NG.

Rig responds:

I'd like to meet your cat :3

Aw, thanks for the love! It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Day04 - The sound of a sunny.. Day04 - The sound of a sunny..

1:20 is just too damn short

Really, everything that comes after 0:33 deserves straight A's in my book and can be expanded on. It could quite possibly make one of the greatest songs NG has ever seen.
Though I do agree with SREvol about that snare, something thick, phat and punchy to balance out that sexy kick.

After you're done consider revisiting this, this is top notch material.

pabouchard responds:

Haha thanks.

I know 1:20 is too short for a song, but I make one per days so I cant really make it longer (Well I could, but that would be damn to long). But maybe i'll make an extended of that one when i'm done with my project

As for the snare, i'm really not sure about that. I'll chek that out if I make it longer someday!

Rucklo - A Better Tomorrow WIP Rucklo - A Better Tomorrow WIP

Brown notes

I just shat my pants, damn bass... Really, that's one sexy, soiled pants inducing piece.

What I'd like is somesort of... climax, it builds up gradually, but as far as impact goes 0:40 is just about the same as 4:36. That could just be me though as I don't know whether you're going for what I think you're going for -was that right?-.

My EU0.02.