The Real Legend 3 The Real Legend 3

So...

What's up with the sudden increase in sound quality right before Link and Navi have the big Subterranean Lava Dragon fight thingamajig?
That certainly was really pleasing to my ears, as before the sound was a bit... grating. This was most apparent with the voice of Navi, which was rather painful to listen to, but afterwards rather pleasant.

Writing is off. I know it's a parody and you should stick close to the source material, but I think the way you use elements of the game can be improved upon. Mind you, I know comedy is probably the hardest to write -the good kind anyway, which you seem to be striving for- and it's getting better with every installment, but it hasn't quite reached the level of 'laugh out loud' funny just yet.

It has its moments, but you either overdid a few things or left something to be desired with a few others.

That's it for for now, cheers.

Abyssal Abyssal

A prime example of the importance of audio

It's rather simple, featuring only simple shots of the character surrounded by freaky monsters. The artwork isn't the best ever, yet the ambience created by these monsters, and the soundscapes produced truly make it a terrifying experience.

Kudos.

Scythemantis responds:

Thanks! I've always been easily unnerved by certain sounds. Even very mundane sounds are eerie out of context or when I think too much about them :)

A Sabtastic Sketchbook A Sabtastic Sketchbook

Getting hit

My face actually does look like that...

It's a journey into an artist's world, or at least the tip of one of many icebergs dotting said artist's world.
Nice little presentation of yourself, I'm already browsing your userpage and DeviantArt so if that was the goal, job well done.

It's more of a glorified slideshow than a game however, with interactive features akin to a Powerpoint presentation, so I'm guessing someone goofed when he (or she) put it under 'Games'.

Rig - Am I Cool Yet? Rig - Am I Cool Yet?

This is bad.

It feels bad, it sounds bad, it makes me want to do bad things, preferably with bad people, all to look cool.

This is reminiscent of Noisia's breakbeat forays. It's filled with nice touches, varying depth, interesting detail and all riding on that bad, naughty bass.
The voice sample has a bit of irony to it, reminds me of all those people doing stuff for attention, so if it's a poke to them... :D

Great outro too.

Rig responds:

Yeah, I tried to fill the intro with cliches. ;D

Melodic Verbosity edit Melodic Verbosity edit

Insight

Alright, here goes.

The introduction I think could be longer, you firmly establish a soundscape which you then kinda throw away when the beat drops in. Maybe you could have a more simple beat subtly kick in, going down the road of the melody of the intro, and have that move into the bit that comes after 01:10.
Listening on, perhaps you could even have it continue with everything after 01:57.

This has great potential, all the bits are here, they just need to be put together.

philjo responds:

Thanks man, I think i know what you mean with the sudden change after a good start. Hmm a more coherent progression could point it in a good direction. Thanks for the advice!

Jazi Jazi

Hello again

Remember me? I reviewed The Waves of Life a long, long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away.

There's an almost Klute-esque sound to this, must be that clap/snare combo, reminds me of 'Oshima' if you know him. Subtle yet apparent bass, guiding the jazzy stabs.
Simple yet elegant and gives this distinct soundtrack to the end of a satisfying day.

Three months seperate this from Waves, so how have you evolved?
Quite a bit, anxious to see where you'll end up when you get older.
I can't really hear anything wrong with this, it'll fit snugly between my Mistabishi, Logistics, London Elektricity and Klute.

Just keep doing what you're doing, don't let anyone tell you otherwise =)

Zebra Zebra

Hot damn

I love the colours.
You don't come across such a striking image that often.

The only thing I could see improved is the image being cropped so that it would end with the circle around the head.
There's a lot of unused room now in the corners.

Fav'd.

J-qb responds:

hmm thats a good Idea, Ill look into that

Edit: took your suggestion!
Thanks!

Planet Planet

A lot of cliches

The lens flare and the 'render clouds', from what I can tell at a glance.

I'm gonna go on a limb here and assume you're still familiarizing yourself with the program.
Well, you've fallen in a few typical pitfalls; the 'techniques' are obvious and therefore detrimental to the final piece.

Further going down the line, the lens flare is blinding and really takes away the attention from the planet, which I assume is the centerpoint.

When you start off thinking about what you do, don't lose sight of that during the making of it. Often you'll find yourself going 'It would be cool, if I added... ', which it often isn't. I slap myself around the entire time for doing that.

That's all I have to say at this hour.

Cheers.

flamingfire123 responds:

yea this pic was actually my first i think on photoshop thats why its so simple, but thanks anyway!